The people who work at the UMKC Foundation know it is a special place where everyone plays a part in achieving the university’s vision of becoming a model urban research university, characterized by signature graduate and professional programs, a dynamic undergraduate population, a highly diverse faculty, staff and student body, and active engagement with the city and region.
We invite you to submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Purpose: The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to the UMKC Foundation Board of Directors and is responsible for the general administration of office management of the UMKC Foundation.
The Executive Assistant must enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and community-oriented. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
Organizational Relationship: This position reports to the President and supports the Foundation Leadership Team (President and three AVPs).
Essential Duties: The Executive Assistant completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President and Leadership Team including:
- Manages an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents and presentations for meetings.
- Performs clerical duties, picking up and distributing mail, maintaining files, organizing, photocopying, collating documents and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the President’s office and the UMKC Foundation Board of Directors, and various Committees; providing various support in planning and preparation for the meetings, and representing the UMKC Foundation President by providing a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects for the Leadership Team, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting letters, personal correspondence, and other tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the Foundation.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Manages the work-study program for the Foundation, ensuring students receive cross-training to perform exceptionally in multiple office environments.
- Coordinates staff coverage of office open hours.
- Assists with Foundation events and receptions by coordinating RSVPs, nametags, and varying event support.
- Serves as the first impression for the Foundation Office, greeting visitors in a friendly, welcoming manner, and assisting with various visitor needs.
- Answers telephone, transfer calls, and handles office fax correspondence. Answers general questions from campus and community about UMKC Foundation and delegates follow up appropriately.
- Picks up mail daily and coordinates outgoing mailings.
Knowledge Required: To perform this job successfully, incumbent must have a high level of independence in accomplishing the responsibilities of the position. This includes:
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret correspondence and documents.
- Ability to respond effectively to sensitive inquires and complaints.
- Ability to write business letters and other correspondence.
- The ability to interact comfortably, tactfully, and effectively with varied internal and external constituencies is essential.
- Incumbent interacts on behalf of the University with donors from all of the University’s various constituencies. Must display a high level of professionalism, maturity and personal integrity and ability to understand, develop, and sustain resilient and dynamic relationships with donors, colleagues, and senior management.
Education and Experience: A bachelor’s degree is preferred, with a minimum of 4+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with specific company software and programs.
- Strong organizational, project management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities.
- Experience managing and scheduling appointments.
- Ability to take initiative and complete project assignments independently and on‐time.
- Ability to work without supervision in a small office environment.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Friendly and professional demeanor in-person and on the telephone.
- Ability to organize and manage large amounts of files, tasks, schedules, and information.
- Ability to maintain high degree of privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to hold a valid driver’s license.
Physical Demands: This position does not require unusual physical ability. Little physical exertion is involved, although considerable pressures exist; ability to handle tension and stress in a positive manner is required. No risks or discomforts are imposed upon this position by the physical surroundings or job situation. Some local travel by car is required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate. This is a no‐smoking work environment. The work environment is located on the floor level of a two‐story building. Some evening work hours are required at various times throughout the year in particular supporting the UMKC Foundation’s annual dinner.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
UMKC Foundation: The UMKC Foundation is a separate but affiliated enterprise that is devoted to raising funds for the university, and for exercising fiduciary responsibility over endowments and other philanthropic investments made to UMKC.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org