The School of Science and Engineering is the fastest growing school on campus. Your support enhances our students’ experiences through scholarships, state of the art facilities, nationally recognized faculty and high-caliber cohorts.
Priorities for the School of Science and Engineering include:
- Provide technology and equipment to keep up with the School of Science and Engineering enrollment increase, which has doubled in less than 10 years.
- Prepare SCE students for STEM careers: over 85 percent of SCE students have jobs upon graduating and 78 percent of SCE students stay in Kansas City after graduation. That rate is incredibly important to workforce development across our region.
- Support efforts to grow enrollment of underrepresented students: SCE has had a 172 percent increase in female students since 2008 and minority students represent 28 percent of our current freshman class.
- Help the 92 percent of Computing and Engineering students that rely on some type of financial aid or scholarship support.
- Help the KC STEM Alliance serve more than 60,000 students within 40 public schools and 28 private or charter schools within the Greater Kansas City Area to inspire student interest in science, technology, engineering and math.
- Support the more than 20 student teams and organizations at School of Computing and Engineering, such as the Baja Buggy Racing Team, which placed 11th in the 2017 world championship.
- Help build a state-of-the-art laboratory facility housing cutting-edge learning, research and teaching labs, enabling faculty to engage students in collaborative learning and development. The Robert W. Plaster Free Enterprise and Research Center will lead to groundbreaking research and a more entrepreneurial STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) workforce in Kansas City and beyond.
For more information please visit the School of Science and Engineering.